Hello world. The architecture and the scenery is beautiful in all the cities that I have visited, but what grabs me the most is all the faces. Some express joy, anticipation, child-like excitement at seeing all the tourist sites of Europe, but a lot of the faces are simply weary.
Strungout over a million miles of a daisy chain. Wilted here. Wilted there. A fresh green stalk as new hands continue the ornament. Bruises sprout as children wear the neclace around their necks in innocent play.
Oh to be fresh and fully alive in the meadows, to be smelt and enjoyed by a nomad. Not to be picked and thrown away after a day.
This life, though full of wonders, is a little wearisome. So come sun, and shine like you have never shone before.
I have a friend who everytime he talks to me always sings or mentions the song "This little light of mine, I am gonna let it shine". A simple song of our childhood, but it is imprinted in my memory. Joy does not necessarily mean that we have to be happy or to act "okay". Joy is about realizing that there is hope and that God is faithful despite circumstances. I pray that I can be more joyful in order to give weary hearts rest.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment