Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Puddles
This week has been full of wonderful old and new sights, smells, and physical sensations. Rain. Ah, I love the smell that it gives, the budding life that it reveals. It makes me come alive. It makes me do things that I wouldn’t usually have to do. The drainage system by the 904 College Avenue Building is pretty pitiful. When it rains, water just rests in a large area about 15 feet from my door. I either have to take a detour to get to my apartment or splash through the puddle, as water sloshes up the side of my white leather flats and sneaks into the insole. Sometimes I just shrug and keep on with my day, other days I am frustrated that I have to walk around in soggy shoes. But regardless it makes me feel alive, makes me feel a certain way that I only experience as a result of splashing in a puddle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thanks for the peek into your world
ReplyDelete